Sunday, August 16, 2009

Yeh for friends ! !

I've just hosted my first visitor. Gülgün, who hails from Turkey, dropped by for a coffee. Unfortunately she and her husband Selim leave here for home in Istanbul, next Thursday.

We had a good old natter about family, friends, values and generally putting the world to rights. As you do. I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can about Turkey before Gülgün leaves. She is Muslim but that is a very different matter from being a Muslim woman here.

Now that I think about this I wonder that I am meeting people from different religions at the moment. I joined a Gospel choir, really just to sing but have found people from other religions there. I am a Catholic and my faith is very important to me. Meeting people who have strong beliefs in other faiths seems to be happening to me just now. I may not have noticed it before but I don't think I have met many people believing in something before. Is it just me, now, or is the world turning to having faith in something, anything?
Anyhoos or bees, as Pol says, tomorrow I have a date for Turkish coffee after gym! I can't wait!

You never know what's around the corner.

3 comments:

  1. You may go for Turkish coffee after you've washed the dishes, watered the garden, ironed m'trollies and washed m'socks. And while you're sipping your Turkish coffee, thick and black, think of me toiling away in my ill lit poorly air conditioned office, trying to turn an honest dollar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll think of you, Guesswho, but I haven't a clue who you are.
    Don't be late home! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you two not talk enough at home? The blanket is looking great mum, it's going to be huge when you're finished, something to be proud of! glad to see and hear your both in good spirits, now I think we need some photo's of the gym and the pool being used! love yous, P xxx

    ReplyDelete