Sunday, August 23, 2009

A spot of housekeeping.

Time now, to catch up on all our quizzes and queries.

We start this week with our reader's letters to 'Dear Tabitha'. Matthew in Guand Uaapids writes, Dear Tabitha, my little family and I left a week ago for our annual vaccation to the family cottage. Upon returning last night, we discovered our kitchen had gone! Then we remembered we were having it renevated. My question is this: how do we get through this testing time, especially with a youngster in the house?
Well, Matthew, I suggest you and the missus take September, October, November and Christmas's beer allowance first thing each morning, preferably on an empty stomach. Oh, and give little Tommy that trumpet to play with , his Aunt Lucy thoughtfully got him last birthday. That should keep the guys on their toes!

Thanks to Stephen in White Rock City,''where the girls are so pretty', for the tip on what not to do with a broken bottle. Unfortunately, we're unable to print his full email as this blog goes out before the watershed.

The correct answer was Tony Blurr, in our 'Odd one out' competition. All the rest were great leaders. Too many listeners wrote in with the correction answer there, so that two pound bottle of champagne Stephen bought in 1994 at the 'Everything MUST go' sale at the Saints grounds will be put back in the cupboard till next week.

This week's fashion dilemma comes from Polly from Pimlico. She would like to know what to wear for that all important job interview, when first impressions mean so much. Well Polly, I always say it's best to be honest, so go with the bucket over the head and let them know up front what a fruitcake they're taking on.

Now here's Lucy Lupino with the gardening corner. "This week m'little grasshoppers, I'd like to warn you about getting your hollyhocks mixed up with your dandelions. You could end up with a bunch of dandelocks and a wet bed! Lucy finishes with a heads up for getting the sprouts on in time for Christmas!

I'd like to introduce a new segment called 'Find me a pen-pal.' Rose from Rouen wants someone to write to with similar interests to her own. They're listed as being extreme ironing, in fact the more inacessible the better and she writes,'you should see my party trick with a suppository!' Good luck Rose!

Finally, I'd like to thank all our viewers who took the time to vote in the 'Where shall we send Nan to next?' competition. Caroline in tent 3 wants it to be know that she had her last time!

I'd like to sign off with this bon motte: If you win the rat race, you're still a rat! GET OUT BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE ! ! !

TTFN !
xxxxxxxx

6 comments:

  1. Dear Tabitha,
    All of us in the Ladies Only Steam Ironing Club (our team won secong prize at last month's annuel European peasant blouse ironing competion) are very interested in your reply to inquiries.
    I happen to have two for you which I hope you'll be able to solve for me;
    Since reading your article on the health benefits of dates, I thought I'd try using them for flatulence relief on our three year old grandson. What I would like to know is whether you need to enrobe them in glycerine before using as you do with certain other suppositories.
    Secondly, do you think I could do my new sautéed ghekko with cherry tomato recipe if I used my Le Creuset cast iron frying pan instead of the Teflon one?
    Hoping for an early reply (my three year old grandson is coming to stay tomorrow and will be sleeping in my bedroom!).
    Best wishes
    Rose
    (three year running steam ironing champion for the north west of France)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Rose, This sounds like a job for Datedude ! ! !
    No fart too big;   no date too small!

    I'm sure any ghekko would be proud to go out in style in a Le Creuset !

    Excuse me, but my ironing boy has just arrived and is waiting to get all steamed up.

    Thanks for the comment, Rose and keep ém rolling in!

    Hil. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Tabitha
    I too have a rather embarassing flatulence problem, I have tried shoving dates where the monkey sticks his nuts, with and without glycerine, with and without the pits, to no avail. What did reduce the noise of the flatulence was actually bunging up my bottom with dates and very tight underpants. Unfortuneatly the resultant skid marks are rather difficult to wash out, I gave up eventually and threw them away. Hope this helpful to your reader with the three year old grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The moderator is trying to remove this comment! And any more potty talk will be severely reprimanded !!
    Don't be home late tonight. x
    And apology accepted.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rose !

    Can you please email me?! I'm having trouble sending an email to you, must have the address wrong. Thanks, Hil. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Tabitha,

    What I want to know is...how hot is half hot? As in the famous phrase 'It ain't half hot mum'

    yours swimmingly,
    Lord Lucan

    ReplyDelete