Saturday, August 29, 2009

A little eye candy! Take two.

I had two hours worth of fruitless labours this afternoon trying to do this and all I achieved was one photo with the wrong caption! Grrrrrrr ! ! ! !
Stephen is now home and at my elbow. Let's see how we go.



Down at Lucy's old flat - bunking in together.



Ooh! The look ! !



Here's Harry Potter and his half bud !



Captain Inside Out Pants !



Nathan under a tea cosy. Lucy knitted this little number for me at about the same time that Polly knitted me one. My girls know how important a pot of tea is to me! So this is Mon thru Wed tea cosy and Pol's is Thur thru Sat with alternate Sundays!



This was our visit at Easter this year. We were surprised with the whole family meeting us at Lester Pearson airport. The last time we saw Thomas was last summer and I was worried how he'd react to us. He was in Stephen's arms as we walked to the car park! Here he is chillin' with my MP3 player. Little love!



Aidan just loves dressing up. That is a bit of an under-statement really. He's a magpie whose eyes light up when we've been shopping or someone comes to stay. Aunty Polly made them their very own dressing up bag one Christmas filled with masks, hats, cloaks. I'll miss Sir Prance-a-lot when he grows out of this.






Now what does a Knight snack on, a pretty tired looking Knight?

Answers on a postcard please.



Three of my bestest friends - Aidan, Ben and Lucy's evil looking dolly from play-school, Hamble.
Poor old Hamble was an old doll when she was passed on to Lucy, I can't remember where from. The poor thing had been allowed to get rusty eyes ! When Lucy took her to play-school, the old dear taking the money on the door turned her to face the wall while she minded her for Lucy ! !
This picture of Aidan holding Hamble so carefully is very precious.



Aunty Rose chillin!
We haven't done this in a while, sitting around a dining table, catching up. Stephen and I are due to catch up on this as soon as we can and we can't wait!

Geet kettle on Mother !



Hey I made it ! This is just a taster for now, many more to follow.




Our House

WE play at our house and have all sorts of fun,
An' there's always a game when supper is done;
An' at our house there's marks on the walls an' the stairs,
An' some terrible scratches on some of the chairs;
An' ma says that our house is surely a fright,
But pa and I say that our house is all right.


At our house we laugh an' we sing an' we shout,
An' whirl all the chairs and the tables about,
An' I rassle my pa an' I get him down too,
An' he's all out of breath when the fightin' is through;
An' ma says our house is surely a sight,
But pa an' I say that our house is all right.


I've been to houses with pa where I had
To sit in a chair like a good little lad,
An' there wasn't a mark on the walls an' the chairs,
An' the stuff that we have couldn't come up to theirs;
An' pa said to ma that for all of their joy
He wouldn't change places and give up his boy.


They never have races nor rassles nor fights,
Coz they have no children to play with at nights;
An' their walls are all clean and their curtains hang straight,
An' everything's shiny an' right up to date;
But pa says with all of its racket an' fuss,
He'd rather by far live at our house with us.


Edgar Guest

4 comments:

  1. Well done our Hil
    Good poem
    Good pics

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erm, I don't know who you are, mystery 'lover' but be careful because I'm going to let Hil's loving husband know about you and you'd better be careful coz he's called Big Shack an' he is!
    from,
    a friendly sister-in-law

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hilary, I keep hitting a brick wall trying to contact you so maybe this will do the trick! Hope you are well...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh lovely, lovely, lovely- Pix and Poem. ( :

    ReplyDelete