Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Dilemma !

I have a problem. Well, really the cats have the problem. At the last count there are four cats prowling around here.
They are scrawny, as in a skeletal frame with a fur covering. Smallish, so not sure if they are kittens or cats. They are quite perky playing boxing each other and stalking the pigeons. Just very thin.
I haven't fed them or anything apart from making puddles for them as I water the garden. I know they would have another problem if I started feeding them or petting them and then left them. It's just seeing them so thin makes me want to fatten them up and isn't the whole purpose of a cat to play with ? !
I told myself I didn't need to own animals right now. That's what we do the minute we give them names, isn't it. We begin to make decisions for them. I was doing so good.
Then the fourth one hung around as I watered, as I took his picture, as I checked every ten minutes out the window to see if he was still there, as I heard myself saying, ''Ay, Bee, Cee, Dee.''
Drat ! ! !

Her conscious tail her joy declared:
The fair round face, the snowy beard,
The velvet of her paws,
Her coat that with the tortoise vies,
Her ears of jet, and emerald eyes,
She saw; and pur"d applause.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sis,
    I'm really looking forward to following your exploits in Saudi. You're such a traveller. You tread where no Allsop tread before.
    Thought about you this evening as we had couscous for dinner. Do they go in for couscous there or is it just a North African thing?
    I'm soooo jealous of your 'help'. No cooking for weeks to come!! Not to mention the washing, ironing etc. Sound like heaven on earth although I know the down side is heavily weighted too.
    Anyway, keep the posts rolling.
    love from us all in Rouen,
    rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. rose.eychenne@free.frAugust 6, 2009 at 3:06 AM

    It's me again.
    Just to say we're off on holday with the gang for two weeks to sunny Normandy (I hope). So I'll be checking in when I get back.
    love till then
    rose

    ReplyDelete