Tuesday, August 25, 2009

slow news day.

Today I thought I'd ask for a bit of reader participation.

As you know, I'm the only female in a town of eight males. Six are Scandavian, two from other parts of the world and the husband. There you have it, you see. The brain has furred up and I can't even count up to nine now!

I'm spending each day knitting up a storm. The afghan.   &nvsp;   I have been saving up the Archer's each day to enjoy a whole hour's worth of the omnibus (move along inside, please!)on Mondays.

A great discovery was a knitting podcast called Cast-on.com. Again it's an hour's worth of, well, sitting and knitting with a sympatico friend, I guess. I love it and am enjoying delving back into previous podcasts as Brenda, the podcastor from Wales has gone home to America for the summer. I am now a devoted podcastee with a yen to try it for myself!

Besides this Stephen has kindly uploaded Bill Bryson's Notes from a small country onto my Ipode. There's also a lot of brass band, I do like a bit of triple tonguing, and some classical but not much, if any come to think of it, modern or pop music.

Then there's the sound of silence which I'm growing to appreciate more and more. Maybe it's the constant drone from the air conditioners (a toss up at night; cool din or peaceful sweating?) or maybe it's just the first real opportunity to experience it.   7nbsp;   Silence is definately golden !

So here's the thing.       which programmes or music do you enjoy listening to and why?

Listen out for the silence peeps!
xxxxxxxx

8 comments:

  1. Where does your husband come from?
    Is he good looking, kind and considerate or is he one of whose buggers with no patience, an instant uncontrolable temper and always seeking forgiveness. Sounds to me like he looks after you, sees to your every need and is always there for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like the modern-steel-working.com podcast. I find it riveting.

    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  3. To follow on from the above two excellent podcasting tips above, I would like to mention one or two of my own.
    - Woman's Hour (of course)
    - A Point of View (David Attenborough on radio Four)
    Here is the magic site of BBC pocasts, you should be able to find what you want in there. http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/-
    love
    rose
    ps am still working out how to use those damn dates effectively!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have just seen the video for Aidan. sweeeeet! I bet it was his best present.
    Anyway, you know what they say, "absence makes the fart grow fonder" (sorry, couldn't resist)
    bisous
    rose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Try real radio online mum. You know how you loved the real radio renegade thing when the builders were around. Also Beetles bank holiday weekend all weekend on radio 2. Sounds good, I might even listen. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi again, Hilary.

    Found your blog. I'll have to think about my music recommedation, but in the meantime you could try relaxing to this:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Buc257vijyw

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello fellow blogger,
    Julie here, one of your bestest nieces!
    Just got back from holidays and catching up with your blog. It's great.

    I recommend The Friday Night Comedy Show and From Our Own Correspondents (both Radio 4 podcasts) and Mark Kermode film reviews (Radio 5 Live).

    And just in case you haven't seen this one yet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkBepgH00GM

    ReplyDelete
  8. Friend Christine recommends "This American Life" which is available free through ITunes- is updated weekly and available only for a week (does this make sense?). I've yet to check it out.
    Durned bummer that you can't get CBC....
    Jennx

    ReplyDelete