Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Baby steps!

Today I made contact with four new people. I was joined in the gym this morning by a wife from Pakistan and another wife from Turkey. Things are looking up!
I'm going to need to see their names written down before I commit them to the blog. I'm hoping to get to know them by using small bios about ourselves. I can't wait to find out more about them!
After lunch I sat and knitted (listening to the Blackdyke Mills) while Jun, pronounced the same way as the month, cleaned the villa. I keep telling myself, I'm keeping him in work. Carlos was passing the time on the computer before he had to set to in the kitchen on tonights meal. He was kind enough to offer me a coffee.
Jun, I think is from the Phillipines while Carlos is maybe from India. Carlos and his co-workers certainly know how to knock out some good grub! Considering we're in the middle of nowhere in extreme heat, I've been amazed and delightedly looking forward to each lunch!
Now do you see why I'm using the gym daily?!
Tomorrow, Stephen and I are driving to Riyadh for the weekend. I need some essential supplies I daft well left behind for my projects and I think Dixon's magnet might be drawing Stephen in.
I shall return to carry on here and to explore the fledgling friendships.

"You are old, Father William", the young man said.
"And your hair has become very white;
And yet you incessantly stand on your head;
Do you think, at your age, it is right?"

4 comments: