Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Fa-ta-tatah !

(From yesterday)

Leaving with a bang not a whimper, I'm now on donkey sized painkillers (no pink elephants yet, but I'm hoping!) and Stephen has promised faithfully to pack his suitcase tonight.

We only leave after lunch tomorrow, where's the rush ? ! ! !

(Now read on dear reader)

So, the toilet paper lasted and the teabags.
The worker managed a tiny bowl of cereal this morning with the last of the milk without having to "borrow" some from the restaurant!

Buying in just enough is a fine art probably learned at the finely tuned purse strings of Mother!

As I relaid my 'tiding over' shopping list to Caroline; 6 rashers of back bacon from the counter, not prepacked; 6 large free range Cheshire Farm eggs; a large Morrison's medium loaf for your Dad and a small medium Hovis for me, she suddenly laughed.
"This is just like a shopping list from Granny!
You're getting old Mum !"

Morphing into Mum is fine by me.
She knew just how far five shillings went!
At last ! I'm becoming a savvy shapper !
Things are looking up Stephen!


As we wait for the one o'clock hooter to metaphorically sound for Stephen's final release (I used to love watching the workers from Fibreglass, straining at the gates, until the lunch time hooter sounded and the gates sprang open and the men and women we're off !) I'm awarding a mental bouquet of thanks.

Thank you for keeping me company over the past three months.

The humour, friendship and nuggets of information have kept me from going round the bend !

It's been as good as a cup of tea, a McVitea's digestive and a natter in the homes of friends and family !

My favourite past time.

Till the next time . . .

2 comments: