Thursday, September 17, 2009

My perfect moments.

As I pick up my needles and reel out the yarn through my fingers to work the next row of stitches;
as I feel the music flow into my ears and head and down through my body, the peaceful rhythm of the intermezzo from Cavalleria Rusticana;

as I realise that my children and grandchildren are living their lives without me watching over them, I wasn't God after all;

as my music changes to the gentle ebb and flow of Massent's Meditation from Thais;

as I repeat the knit and purl of the pattern weaving the bright green yarn in front and behind the needle;

as my ipod runs on to Max Bygraves and I pick up the pace with I'm a pink toothbrush and I silently mouth the verses so I can spellbind Thomas with it on Saturday, I love his wide eyed rapt attention;

as I feel the yarn grow into the fabric off the needles and imagine the comfort and warmth it's going to give to Lucy . . .

I experience a little bit of heaven on earth.

Anyone want to step up to the plate with their perfect moments? !

6 comments:

  1. I love your perfect moments!
    Put me under the cherry trees at the bottom of our garden in high summer in a hammock, with a pot of coffee, a packet of chocolate digestives and the sunday papers...and that's just for starters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, perfect moment...... You're going to find this sad, but a perfect moment (and I really mean a perfect moment)for me is when I wake up and see by my alarm clock that it's 6.15 and nearly time to get up and then it dawns (sorry for the pun) on me that it's SATURDAY! and I can snuggle back down under the bedclothes for another hour or so. Heaven!
    Actually, another perfect moment which has just happened to me is watching my very laidback sister bopping about to one of my all-time favourite bands (you'll all have recognised the Beachboys)actually knitting at the same time. Well done Hil. I hear you've been contacted by Simon for his next programme. Go for it!
    a bientôt
    rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you see the tumble weed passing from the kids perspective?! Purple hat time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. None of your moments includes me, I'm heartbroken

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thomas napping quietly, contentedly upstairs. Me with two hours to myself...sigh...
    Jx
    ps- is it terrible that I like it best when he's asleep?

    ReplyDelete
  6. No ! Sleep is good.
    Slelep = rest; brain re-charging.

    Yes ! Sleep is good for giving him rest and re-charging his batteries so he can add a couple more years to your age !
    Mwah ! Mwah ! pour ma petite angel avec le curls et le Ever Ready batteries. x x

    ReplyDelete